Avocado and lime are a match made in dessert heaven thanks to this no-bake slice.
- 1 ½ cups LSA (linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 10 large pitted Medjool dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 avocados
- finely grated zest and juice of 3 limes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil for
- coconut yoghurt or chilled coconut cream, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Line the base and sides of an 18 cm × 8 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, process together LSA (linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds), dates and coconut oil until the mixture comes together in a ball.
3. Press evenly over the base of the prepared tin.
4. Blend avocados, finely grated zest and juice of limes and 3 tablespoons coconut oil for 1 minute or until smooth.
5. Spread evenly over the date mixture. Chill overnight to set firm. Slice and serve with a spoonful of coconut yoghurt or chilled coconut cream.
Recipe from 2040: Handbook for Regeneration by Damon Gameau. (Pan Macmillan, pb, $34.99).