Brimming with colour, flavour and texture, this quick-to-make, fun-to-eat dish makes a satisfying snack or starter.
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 30 ml lime juice, for topping
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Cut an avocado in two lengthwise and remove the pit.
3. Use a paring knife to cut cross-hatches in the avocado flesh, without cutting through to the skin.
4. Scoop out the avocado flesh and place it in a bowl. Set avocado skins aside.
5. Add cherry tomatoes, cooked quinoa, walnuts and corn kernels to the bowl with avocado flesh and mix gently together, being careful not to crush the avocado.
6. Spoon mixture to the empty avocado skins.
7. Place filled avocado in a baking dish and sprinkle with feta cheese.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes until feta starts to brown, then remove and squeeze over lime juice to serve.