This is basically a whole lemon in a food processor with some sugar and cream and eggs, and it makes the most wonderful, tart-but-sweet lemon pudding. It's fantastic.
- 1 thin-skinned lemon
- 1½ cups (330 g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 30 g butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ cup (180 ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch) (see Note)
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
2. Cut the lemon into 8 pieces and remove any seeds. Place in a food processor with the sugar and process until very smooth. Add the butter, egg yolks, cream and cornflour and process until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into 4 greased 1-cup capacity (250 ml) ovenproof pie dishes. Bake for 22–24 minutes or until just
set. Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice-cream.
• Use gluten-free cornflour to make this pudding gluten-free.