Bloody Mary: that famous cocktail of tomato juice and vodka spiked with spicy Tabasco and horseradish. This recipe has all those signature flavours for a refreshing breakfast tipple.
- 60 ml vodka
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4–5 drops Tabasco
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- small amount horseradish, grated
- 250 ml tomato juice
- ice cubes
- 15 ml red wine
- cucumber, celery, olive, to garnish
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Combine all ingredients, except red wine and garnishes, in a shaker over ice. Gently stir.
- Pour through a strainer into a glass, almost to top. Top up with red wine.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the drink. Garnish with a slice of cucumber and celery, skewered with an olive.
This recipe is from Richo's Bar Snacks on SBS Food (Channel 33). Stream episodes via SBS On Demand.