This blondie is caramelly, brown-butter deliciousness, fudgy and dense and studded with chocolate chunks.
- 225 g unsalted butter
- 2¼ cups (320 g) flour
- 1½ tsp (8 g) baking powder
- 1½ tsp (8g) kosher salt
- ½ cup (125 g) milk chocolate chunks
- ½ cup (118 g) chopped walnuts
- ½ cup (30 g) mini marshmallows
- 1½ cups (300 g) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (120 g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Cooling time: 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Spray a 23cm x 33 cm (9x13-inch) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, swirling pan occasionally. Once the butter foams, stir occasionally. Continue to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the butter appears golden brown when stirred. Immediately transfer to a large, heat-proof bowl and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in chocolate, walnuts and marshmallows.
- Using a hand mixer, beat sugars into the cooled butter in the large bowl until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, along with vanilla, to sugar mixture. Stir in the flour mixture until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until the edges are golden and the middle is set, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool and cut to serve.