Make salad the main dish with this easy slaw drizzled with a good serve of the light, zesty dressing - great for a summer evening meal.
- 1 whole smoked rainbow trout, deboned and flaked
- coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded cos lettuce leaves
- 1 small carrot, cut into julienne
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. For the slaw, combine the cabbage, cos lettuce and carrot in a bowl.
2. For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients. Pour the dressing over the slaw and stir to combine. Place in a large serving bowl. Scatter the flaked trout over the top of the slaw, then sprinkle with the spring onions, coriander and sesame seeds.
Catch Helen Tzouganatos whipping up lush gluten-free meals alongside guests in the brand new first series of Loving Gluten Free on SBS and SBS On Demand.