For those cocktail hours that require a citrus pop.
- 60 ml gin
- 60 ml sugar syrup
- 2 calamansi, muddled
- soda water or tonic water, to taste
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. To make the sugar syrup, bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to the boil. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved and then remove from the heat to cool completely.
2. To make the spritzer, combine the gin, syrup and calamansi into a cocktail shaker, or a glass jar if you don't have a shaker.
3. Add ice and shake vigorously. Pour over ice and top with soda water.
• You can refrigerate the sugar syrup in a glass jar for up to 1 month, or freeze if you want to store for longer.