The creamy feta is cut through by the caramelised onions in this fancy-yet-fast savoury tart.
- 375 g store-bought frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ¾ cup (240 g) store-bought caramelised onion relish or chutney
- 2 chat (baby) potatoes, cooked and thickly sliced
- 100 g feta
- 4 slices pancetta
- 2 tsp rosemary leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- simple rocket (arugula) salad, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until 5 mm thick. Roughly cut 2 x 15 cm x 18 cm rectangles from the pastry and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
3. Top the pastry with the caramelised onion leaving a 2 cm border around the edge. Arrange the potato, feta and pancetta over the onion and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tarts are puffed and golden. Serve with a simple rocket salad.