It's no secret I'm an ice-cream addict and I also love to take shortcuts, so this two-ingredient ice-cream ticks both boxes.
- 600 ml single (pouring) cream
- 340 g can caramel or dulce de leche
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Freezing time: 3-4 hours.
1. Place the cream in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks have almost formed.
2. Mix the caramel until smooth and fold into the cream.
3. Place in a metal container and cover. Freeze for 3–4 hours or until firm. Serve in scoops.