A true cheat's recipe, these eclairs are a delicous twist using spnge finger biscuits.
- 1 cup (250 ml) double (heavy) cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 12 sponge finger biscuits, halved lengthways
- 125 g dark chocolate, melted
- ¼ tsp vegetable oil
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Place the cream, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and whisk gently until thick.
2. Place the bases of the biscuits onto a wire rack. Spoon on the cream mixture and top with the remaining biscuits.
3. Mix together the chocolate and oil. Spread chocolate mixture over the tops of the biscuits.