Others need not know that these fresh, fruity brulées were whipped up in a few basic steps - bask in the glory!
- 300 g frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup (75 g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1½ cups (420 g) Greek-style thick natural yoghurt
- 1 cup (250 ml) double (heavy) cream
- 2 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- extra caster (superfine) sugar, for sprinkling
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Chilling time: 5 hours
1. Place raspberries and sugar in a saucepan over high heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the raspberry mixture thickens.
2. Spoon the raspberry mixture into 4 x 1-cup capacity (250 ml) ovenproof dishes. Refrigerate until cold.
3. Whisk together the yoghurt, cream, sugar and vanilla until thick and spoon over the raspberry mixture. Refrigerate until cold. Sprinkle with sugar and caramelise the sugar with a kitchen blow torch until golden.