The almond butter and dark chocolate add a layer of luxury to these granola bars, which are easy to whip up and require no oven!
- ½ cup (120 ml) honey
- ¼ cup (60 ml) almond butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) coconut oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup (120 ml) puffed rice cereal
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flax seeds
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (2.5 ml) ground cardamom
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) dried cherries
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) toasted pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) dark chocolate chips
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Chilling time: 2 hours
1. Add honey, almond butter, and coconut oil to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat, then stir in vanilla extract. Let cool for a few minutes.
2. In a large bowl, add oats, puffed rice cereal, flax seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, dried cherries, toasted pumpkin seeds, and chocolate chips and stir to combine. Pour over the almond butter mixture and stir until combined.
3. Transfer mixture to a 15 cm x 20.5 cm (6-inch x 8-inch) greased baking pan. Using your fingers, press into an even layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
4. Remove from pan. Cut into bars of any shape you’d like. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.