The Sunday roast's quick cousin, one-tray bakes save time and washing up and pack plenty of flavour.
- 2 x 200 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 150 g haloumi, cut into 4 slices
- 1 tbsp shredded lemon zest
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- fig and rocket (arugula) salad, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Place the chicken, haloumi, zest and lemon thyme in a ceramic baking dish. Combine the oil and honey and pour over.
3. Bake for 18–20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with a fig and rocket salad.
Watch double episodes of Donna Hay: Fast, Fresh, Simple Thursdays 7.30pm on SBS Food Channel 33 from 7 November.