One of Fiji’s best kept secrets is Taste Fiji - a local family run café in Nadi. Renowned for their decadent sweet bar and barista coffee, you can now enjoy one of their crowd favourites at home for afternoon tea or dessert!
- 250 g butter
- 500 g brown sugar
- 125 g cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g desiccated coconut
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Line a 24-cm square cake tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a small saucepan gently melt the butter with the sugar. Add the cocoa and mix well.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Pour the chocolate mixture and coconut into the eggs, mix until well combined. Turn the batter into the prepared cake tin.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, the centre will still be a little soft, which is as it should be.
5. Allow to cool and then cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!
Recipe from Taste Fiji café in Nadi, Fiji.