This is something you would often see alongside a meal in our house. It goes well with rendang or satay. It’s perfect for hot weather.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 fresh pineapple slices, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt, to taste
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Combine the cucumber, pineapple, onion and chilli in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, pour over the salad and mix. Adjust with extra sugar and salt to taste.
Adam Liaw cooks, laughs, and explores culture with some of Australia's most beloved in The Cook Up With Adam Liaw.
Photography by Adam Liaw.