A creamy tahini dressing and crunchy, honey-roasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds really make the shredded raw vegetables of this colourful salad shine. You'll be glowing too after you eat it!
- 2 carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 2 zucchinis (courgettes), trimmed
- 1 medium beetroot, trimmed and peeled
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp honey
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
Crunchy honey seeds
- ¼ cup (40 g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup (40 g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp honey
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- To make the crunchy honey seeds, line a small tray with non-stick baking paper. Heat a small non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the seeds and toast for 2 minutes, stirring with a spatula. Drizzle them with the honey, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring to coat, for another 1 minute or until golden brown. Use the spatula to help you carefully spread the hot seed mixture onto the prepared tray and allow to cool completely.
- Using a spiraliser, cut the carrots into long, curly noodles (you can also use a julienne peeler or grater). Repeat with the zucchinis and beetroot.
- To make the tahini dressing, place the tahini, lemon juice, oil, water, honey, salt and pepper in a medium jug and mix to combine, using a whisk (or you can shake it all up in a small sealed jar).
- Pile the vegies into a big serving bowl (keeping the colours separate) and add the avocado. Top with the dressing and honey seeds to serve.