Ever have one of those days when you just don’t feel 100 per cent? This salad is a nutritional health bomb that will soon have you feeling better! It’s perfect as a side or a main, so whether you’re a raw food vegan or paleo meat eater, this salad will keep you happy.
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 Granny Smith apple, grated
- 80 g (2 cups) rocket, washed and dried
- 40 g (1 cup) baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 red capsicum, roughly diced
- 120 g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 60 g (½ cup) goji berries, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp almonds
- 70 g (½ cup) shelled pistachios
- 30 g (1 cup) coriander leaves, chopped
- chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper, ground
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Place the dressing ingredients in a small jar, screw lid on and shake well to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
Serve with a sprinkle of goji berries, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
• The dressing is meant to be quite thick. If you want it runnier, add the juice of 1 more lemon and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Recipe from The 20/20 Diet Cookbook by Lola Berry, with photographs by Armelle Habib. Published by Pan Macmillan.