My son Juju rates this an 11 out of 10.
- 1½ cups finely ground Maria biscuits, vanilla wafers or graham crackers
- 85 g unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
Cream cheese filling
- 450 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 400 g sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 400 g dulce de leche or cajeta (get Pati Jinich's recipe here)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Allow at least 4 hours chilling time.