Highly compatible, tabbouleh is a dinner favourite and lunchbox royalty.
- 1 ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup mint, chopped
- ¾ cup dried bulgur, cooked and drained
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh ground pepper
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Put chopped parsley and mint into a bowl. Add cooked bulgur. Mix in spring onions, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice, pour over ingredients in bowl, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.