Take some stress out of hosting a festive lunch with these express trifles that look bright and rosy and still pack a boozy punch.
- 6 sponge finger biscuits
- 2 tbsp raspberry or orange liqueur or sherry
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1½ tbsp icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- ½ cup (125 g) mascarpone
- ½ cup (125 ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 tbsp icing (confectioner’s) sugar, extra
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Divide the sponge finger biscuits between serving glasses and sprinkle with the liqueur.
2. Roughly mix together the raspberries and icing sugar with a fork breaking some of the raspberries and spoon over the biscuits.
3. Place the mascarpone, cream, extra icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until thick.
4. Spoon mascarpone mixture over the raspberries and chill until ready to serve.