- 2 cups loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 250 g mixed tomatoes, halved and quartered
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- sumac, pomegranate molasses (see Note) and extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Serves 4 as part of a mezza spread
Wash oregano leaves and dry well.
To make dressing, whisk ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Place oregano leaves in a serving bowl. Add tomatoes, onion and dressing and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with sumac and drizzled with molasses and olive oil.
• Pomegranate molasses is from delis and Middle Eastern food shops.
Photography Mark Roper
As seen in Feast magazine, November 2013, Issue 26. For more recipes and articles, pick up a copy of this month's Feast magazine or check out our great subscriptions offers here.