- 200 g bean sprouts
- 1 bunch garlic chives, cut into 5 cm lengths
- ¼ cup snow pea sprouts, cut into 3 cm lengths
- 1 red bird’s-eye chilli, seeded, cut into julienne
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Korean shrimp sauce (see Note)
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp Korean chilli powder (gochu galu) (see Note)
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Place bean sprouts and 1 tsp salt in a small saucepan of boiling water over high heat. Cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Refresh under cold water, then drain. Squeeze to remove excess water, and set aside.
Place bean sprouts and all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
• Shrimp sauce is a fermented condiment available from Korean food shops.
• Korean chilli powder is from Korean food shops. Substitute lightly crushed chilli flakes.
Photography by Brett Stevens.