Making the most of a few simple, fresh ingredients this homemade pesto pasta will fast become your new weeknight go-to.
- 350 g gluten-free spiral pasta
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano, to serve
- 100 g walnuts
- 2 tbsp picked rosemary leaves
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovies
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 40 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8-9 minutes or until tender. Drain and reserve some of the pasta cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, for the pesto, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until a paste is formed. Transfer the pesto to a large frying pan over low heat and warm through for about 1 minute.
3. Once cooked, add the pasta to the pan with the pesto with a few ladles of the reserved pasta water to loosen the pesto and create a silky sauce. Stir over low heat until the pesto coats the pasta. Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Catch Helen Tzouganatos whipping up lush gluten-free meals alongside guests in the brand new first series of Loving Gluten Free on SBS and SBS On Demand.