- 5 green figs
- 300 g fried tofu, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp roasted peanuts, finely crushed
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 long chilli, julienned
- pinch of pepper
- 10 green mint leaves, roughly sliced
- 10 Vietnamese mint leaves, roughly sliced
- 5 perilla leaves, roughly sliced
- 5 fish mint leaves, roughly sliced
- 5 sawtooth coriander leaves, roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 3 tsp pineapple juice
- 1 birdseye chilli, finely sliced
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
For the dressing, combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
Place the green figs into a large pot and cover with water. Bring the water to the boil and cook for 20 minutes.
Remove the figs, peel, then cut in half and finely slice.
In a mixing bowl, combine figs, tofu, fresh herbs, chilli, sesame seeds, black pepper and dress with 4 tablespoons of salad dressing.
Garnish with fresh chilli and peanuts.