Fresh Tassie oysters served with a spicy Malaysian relish of Asian shallots,lime juice and soy sauce.
- 12 Tasmanian oysters, freshly shucked
- 125 ml (½ cup) lime juice
- 55 g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark cooking caramel sauce (available from Asian grocers)
- 150 g red Asian shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2-3 fresh long red chillies, thinly sliced
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Marinating time: 15 minutes
- For the relish, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, then cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes before using.
- To serve, scoop a little of the relish on top of each oyster.
Join Adam & Poh on a Malaysian-Australian eating adventure in Adam & Poh's Malaysia in Australia.