At Cossies Poolside Bar and Bistro we're all about the cob loaf. It’s our signature dish! We've tried a number of flavours such as butter chicken, mac and cheese and Mexican salsa cobs, so we thought it’s about time we take the Darwin delicacy of Laksa and add it into the mix!
- 1 cob loaf
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp laksa paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- ½ cooked, shredded chicken breast
- ¼ cup bean shoots
- 1 tsp fried shallots
- 1 tsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Pinch salt and pepper
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Slice off the top of cob loaf and scoop out bread from the centre of the loaf (keep this for next step).
3. Place the hollowed loaf and extra bread on lined baking tray.
4. Combine all ingredients and add into hollowed out cob loaf.
5. Baked in the oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of your cob loaf) til toasted and warmed through.
Serve topped with extra bean shoots and sliced chilli.
This recipe is part of the Darwin Laksa Festival laksa competition.