Any mince will work wonders in these haloumi rolls and yes, you'll find yourself going in for seconds and thirds, especially when they're hot out of the oven.
- 500 g lamb mince
- 200 g haloumi, diced
- 100 g basturma, roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika, sweet or smoked
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ -1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Sesame and poppy seeds, to finish
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Combine lamb, haloumi, basturma, garlic, spices and herbs into a bowl and set aside.