A quick and easy family dinner, boasting with simple and hearty flavours.
- 6 thick lamb loin chops, fat on
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 large red onion, cut into rings
- 1 lemon, halved
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 baby cucumbers, halved lengthways
- finely shredded parsley, to serve
Lemon pepper yoghurt
- 260 g (1 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- juice and grated rind of ½ lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill to high.
- For the lemon pepper yoghurt, mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Drizzle the lamb chops, broccolini and onion rings with oil. Season well and grill for 5-6 minutes or until the lamb is cooked to your liking, the onions are soft and the broccolini is charred. You can also char-grill the lemon halves, cut-side down until golden or serve fresh. Transfer to a platter, add the tomatoes, cucumbers and a sprinkling of parsley. Drizzle with a little extra oil and serve with the lemon pepper yoghurt.
Adam Liaw cooks, laughs, and explores culture with some of Australia's most beloved in The Cook Up With Adam Liaw.
Photography by Adam Liaw.