Lavender adds a fragrant note to this homemade lemonade that packs a fruity punch.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- ½ cup (120 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried lavender for culinary use
- ⅛ tsp (0.75 ml) salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups (470 ml) frozen peaches
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold water
- fresh lavender sprigs for culinary use, to garnish
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Add water and honey to a pot and heat until honey starts dissolving. Add dried lavender and stir in. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep 10 minutes.
2. Strain. Stir salt into mixture. Allow to cool.
3. Pour mixture into a blender. Add lemon juice, frozen peaches, and water, and blend. Pour into a glass. Garnish with a sprig of lavender.