It's amazing how much natural flavours shine through when you keep things simple: only fruit and natural yoghurt are required for this simple gelato.
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped
- 3 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (280 g) thick natural or vanilla yoghurt
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Freezing time: 2-3 hours
1. Place the banana and mango in a sealed container and freeze for 2–3 hours or until frozen.
2. Place the frozen fruit and yoghurt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Serve immediately or place in a sealed container and freeze. After freezing allow to soften for 5 minutes before serving.