Melted marshmallow, vanilla and butter combined with the remaining ingredients and spread into a tin. Allow it to set before cutting into bite-sized squares.
- 255 g white marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 70 g puffed rice/ rice bubbles
- 30 g desiccated coconut
- 40 g chopped glace cherries
- 400 g good-quality milk chocolate chips
- 30 g roasted peanuts, chopped
- icing sugar, for dusting
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Refrigeration time: 10-20 minutes
1. Prepare a slice tin by oiling it slightly and lining it with baking paper.
2. Melt the marshmallows, vanilla and butter in a saucepan on very low heat, stirring continuously.
3. Turn off the heat and add the rice bubbles, coconut, cherries and peanuts, mixing with a spatula to combine.
4. Slightly melt the milk chocolate and add it and stir until completely combined. Spread immediately into the slice tin, then place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
5. Cut into individual squares and dust with icing sugar.