Great with ice cream, on top of your breakfast porridge or blended into your smoothie.
- 4 cups unsalted raw nuts (almonds, pecans, cashews, Brazil nuts)
- 60 g butter
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli oil (optional)
- Salt, to taste
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Place nuts on a lined baking tray and roast for 15 mins.
- Place butter and miso paste in a small pot and stir over low heat until combined.
- Add maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and (optional) chilli oil and stir well until sticky.
- Take the roasted nuts and place them into a bowl, pour the bubbling hot miso maple butter over the top, tossing through until all nuts have been coated. Lay them back on the lined baking tray in an even layer to cool.
- Top with extra salt to finish and then pop them into airtight containers.
Adam Liaw cooks, laughs, and explores culture with some of Australia's most beloved in The Cook Up With Adam Liaw.