- 2 cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 daikon (see Note) (about 500 g), cut into julienne
- 5 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 2 cups amaranth (see Note) or English spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Standing time 30 minutes
Combine ginger, lime juice, chilli, cumin and 1 tsp salt in a bowl. Add daikon and radishes, and, using your hands, massage to combine. Stand for 30 minutes or until softened.
Add mango slices, amaranth and coriander leaves, and toss gently to combine.
• Daikon, from selected greengrocers and Asian food shops, is a type of large, white radish with a sweet, fresh flavour.
• Amaranth leaves are leafy greens available from selected greengrocers, Asian and Indian food shops.
Also written by Kirrily La Rosa and Wendy Quisumbing. Photography by Chris Chen.