This light, airy mousse is excellent to spread on tigelle, light fluffy mini flatbreads from Emilia-Romagna.
- 300 g (10 oz) mortadella, cut in cubes
- ½ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup thick (heavy) cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Add mortadella, ricotta, parmesan, cream and salt to a food processor and blitz until whipped, stopping every so often to scrape mixture down from the sides of the bowl. Transfer mousse to a serving dish and sprinkle chopped pistachios over the top.
2. Serve with mini flatbreads (see recipe). Buon appetito!