This quick roast onion dish is a perfect side for any dinner.
- 1 kg red onions, rough peel removed, halved and/or quartered
- 25 g oregano, leaves only
- 75 g aged balsamic vinegar
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for dressing, if desired
- Black pepper, ground, to taste
- Salt, to taste
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- Toss all ingredients in large baking tray then roast for 20-30 minutes or until caramelised, starting to collapse and onion layers are separating.
- Dress with additional fresh vinegar and olive oil if desired.