- 200 ml carrot juice (from about 6 carrots)
- 1½ tsp lecithin
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 ml cream
- 12 shucked Nambucca River oysters
- 2 finger limes
- nasturtium leaves and extra flowers for garnish
- rock salt, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Warm the carrot juice to blood temperature, and remove from the stove. Add the lecithin and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Mash the avocados with the lemon juice. Push the mixture through a sieve. Whip the cream just under soft peak stage. Fold the cream into the avocado mixture, then season to taste.
3. Squeeze out the flesh from the finger limes and remove the seeds. Lightly pulse the carrot mixture until foam rises, then put aside to settle.
4. To serve, place oysters on a mound of rock salt on slate plate. Place the avocado mixture on top of each oyster. Put the finger limes on top, then spoon the carrot foam on top of this.