Ditch the jar of pasta sauce. This pasta goes for ingredients that can quickly be thrown in for a fast meal that packs flavour.
- 200 g wide pasta or rigatoni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup (150 g) ricotta
- 2 tbsp basil leaves
- 6 slices prosciutto, torn
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
2. Return the pan to the heat and add the oil, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Return the pasta to the pan and toss to coat.
3. Place pasta on serving plates and top with the ricotta, basil and prosciutto. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.