This is a really summery, cooling dessert made with the classic Melba flavours of poached peach and a punchy raspberry sauce, topped with decadent ice-cream.
- 110 g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juice
- 4 ripe yellow peaches, stones removed, plus extra to serve
- 250 g raspberries, plus extra to serve
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Freezing time: 4 hours
- Combine the sugar and lemon juice with 250 ml (1 cup) water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the peaches and half the lemon syrup in a blender and blend to a smooth puree. Transfer to a tray and freeze.
- Place the remaining syrup and the raspberries in a blender and blend to a smooth puree. Transfer to a separate tray and freeze. Freeze your serving bowls as well.
- Using a fork, scrape each frozen puree into crystals and place into the chilled serving bowls with the fruit. Add a scoop of ice-cream on top and serve immediately.
Adam Liaw cooks, laughs, and explores culture with some of Australia's most beloved in The Cook Up With Adam Liaw.
Photography by Adam Liaw.