A quick-to-make summery drink that is equal parts refreshing, tasty and pretty.
- 750 g seedless watermelon
- 3 cups ice cubes or crushed ice
- 4 cups (1 litre) coconut water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Using a small sharp knife, remove the rind from the watermelon and roughly chop the flesh. You should have about 3 cups (500g) watermelon.
- Place the watermelon in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve into a large jug, discarding any solid bits or sneaky seeds. You should have about 2 cups (500ml) juice.
- When you’re ready to serve, add the ice. Pour in the coconut water and lemon juice and stir with a big wooden spoon to combine. If you like, place slices of lemon and some mint leaves into serving glasses. Pour the lemonade over to serve.