Make up a platter with fresh, chopped seasonal vegetables and scoop up the cashew, parmesan and herb dip.
- 80 g (½ cup) cashews
- ½ garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1 cup firmly packed parsley leaves
- ¼ cup firmly packed mint leaves
- 100 ml extra - virgin olive oil
- 1 - 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- salt and black pepper, for seasoning
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- To serve, seasonal veggies such as baby gem lettuce, endive, carrot, short cucumbers, baby zucchini, red capsicum, cherry tomatoes
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Place the cashews, garlic and herbs in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until a paste starts to form. Add the oil and keep whizzing until combined. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the parmesan cheese, then season with salt and pepper and lemon juice. Place in a serving bowl, top with the lemon zest, a little extra olive oil and a grind of pepper.
- To serve, cut the veggies into wedges or sticks for dipping. Serve with the cashew herb paste for dipping.
Adam Liaw cooks, laughs, and explores culture with some of Australia's most beloved in The Cook Up With Adam Liaw.
Photography by Danielle Abou Karam.