The ease of this no-bake nutty fudge makes it a last-minute sweet dream.
- 250 g LSA (linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 12 large pitted Medjool dates
- 2 large avocados
- 1 large overripe banana
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1–2 tbsp water (if required)
- ½ cup chopped, toasted pistachio
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe makes 1 x 20 cm baking tray.
1. Line the base and sides of a 20 cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, process together LSA (linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds), dates, avocados, banana, raw cacao powder and 1 teaspoon mixed spice until smooth, adding 1–2 tablespoons water if required.
3. Press the mixture evenly over the base of the prepared tin, then press in chopped, roasted pistachio. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until firmed slightly, then cut into small squares.
4. Return to the freezer for 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe from 2040: Handbook for Regeneration by Damon Gameau. (Pan Macmillan, pb, $34.99).