- 1 large pink pomelo or 2 small pink pomelos
- 200 g mud crab meat
- 50 g dried shrimp (soaked in water for 1 hour, then drained)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 5 mint leaves, sliced
- 5 perilla leaves, sliced
- 5 Vietnamese mint leaves, sliced
- 5 Asian basil, sliced
- 1 tbsp fried red Asian shallot
- ½ tbsp fried garlic chip
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 3 tbsp dipping fish sauce (get the dipping fish sauce recipe here)
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Add vegetable oil to a hot fry pan then add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Add dried shrimp and stir fry for 3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
Peel and segment the pomelo, break into bite sized pieces then place in a large mixing bowl. Add crab meat, dried shrimp, sliced herbs, fried red shallots, fried garlic and dipping fish sauce. Combine and mix well.
Transfer to a dish and garnish with peanuts and chilli.
• Pomelo can be substituted with grapefruit.
• Mud crab can be substituted with blue swimmer or spanner crab.