These soft seafood tacos are filled with fresh flavours of tomato, onion, lime and chilli. Prepare and assemble just before serving to be sure the prawns are warm and the avocado is green.
- 4 prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2–3 spring onions, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1–2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- ½–1 red chilli, finely diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- pinch of chilli flakes
- pinch of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Thickly slice prawn meat.
- Add oil, red onion, spring onion, chilli, garlic and a pinch of salt to a hot pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 4–5 minutes, or until caramelised.
- Stir through prawns. Add a pinch of pepper and reduce heat. Cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add tortillas to a separate pan over low heat. Allow to warm and soften as the prawns cook.
- Stir coriander through prawns.
- Place salsa ingredients in a small bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Spoon prawn mixture onto warm tortillas and finish with salsa on top. Serve.
This recipe is from Richo's Bar Snacks on SBS Food (Channel 33). Stream episodes via SBS On Demand.