This is inspired by Asian prosperity salads, which have a combination of lots of vibrant vegetables. Serve as a side, or with rice to make it a bigger meal.
The creamy tahini, sweet honey and smoky black vinegar make a delicious dressing on this colourful salad.
- ¼ medium red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- ½ small daikon, julienned
- ¼green papaya, julienned
- 2 tbsp crispy fried shallots
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Chinese black vinegar (Chinkiang)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Place the red cabbage, carrot, daikon and papaya into the bowl of dressing bowl and toss to completely coat the vegetables. Garnish with crispy shallots and sesame seeds.