- 1 green banana
- 2 litres Bac Ha corn wine
- 800 g fresh purple rice noodles, sliced 2 cm wide
- 500 g pickled mustard greens, liquid reserved
- 1 bunch sawtooth coriander, finely sliced
- 1 bunch rice paddy herb, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ cup crushed roasted peanuts
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
In a large clay jar, place the green banana together with corn wine, reserving 1 cup for later. Cover and allow the banana to ferment for 1 week.
Distribute the noodles into 4 separate bowls.
Pour in 1 cup of corn wine and ¼ cup of reserved pickled mustard greens liquid.
Place a tablespoon of pickled mustard greens onto the noodles, followed by sawtooth coriander and rice paddy herb.
Garnish with chilli flakes and peanuts.