These breads are so easy - they're made with store-bought pizza dough - and so good!
- 700 g (1 ¾ lbs) prepared or purchased pizza dough
- 1½ tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 115 g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 g) fresh thyme
- 3 tsp (15 g) finely chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Divide pizza dough into eight pieces. Coat each piece with olive oil. Flatten and stretch dough into rough ovals.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, stir together melted butter, garlic, thyme and parsley.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches of two, add dough to skillet and cook until no longer shiny, about 7 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes and brushing with herbed butter. Repeat process with all remaining pieces.
- Transfer cooked pieces to a rimmed baking sheet and brush unseasoned side with herb butter. Season with salt and pepper.