Make an extra-big batch of this Middle Eastern salad if you have the time, as it’s perfect for packed lunches. Eat it as-is, or in sandwiches and wraps, and a drizzle of natural yoghurt with tabbouleh will never go astray.
- 1½ cups flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup mint, chopped
- ¾ cup bulgur, cooked
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Put chopped parsley and mint into a bowl. Add cooked bulgur.
2. Mix in garlic, scallions, cucumber, and tomatoes.
3. Drizzle in olive oil and lemon juice.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine thoroughly.