This ratatouille is wonderfully versatile, delicious served warm or cold. It can be easily reheated in the microwave, so also makes a handy packed lunch. Serve with a large leafy salad.
- 2 capsicums (1 red and 1 yellow), deseeded and cut into roughly 2 cm chunks
- 1 medium eggplant (around 250 g), cut into roughly 2 cm chunks
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 12 wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 225 g block halloumi cheese, cut into 8 slices
- A handful fresh basil leaves (around 10 g), thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C/fan 200˚C.