An easy tray bake that's packed with flavour. Save time by leaving the garlic cloves unpeeled. They will become soft during the roasting and the garlic can be easily squeezed out at the end.
- 1.6 kg chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 chorizo, halved lengthways
- ¾ cup (90 g) large green olives
- 250 g truss cherry tomatoes
- 8 sprigs oregano, halved
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 12 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Add the chicken, chorizo, olives, tomatoes, oregano, lemon, garlic, oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the chorizo is crisp. Discard the lemon wedges before serving.