This salad is bright, easy-going and brings a diversity of flavours, from sweet to salty. Great on a summer-BBQ table or as a light meal.
- ½ kent pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3-cm chunks
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 200 g baby rocket
- 320 g jar marinated goat’s cheese in oil
- 1 ripe mango, chopped
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Add the coconut oil and half the honey, then season to taste and toss to coat well. Roast for 25–30 minutes, turning half-way through or until tender and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, spread the pumpkin seeds over another baking paper lined baking tray and roast for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place the rocket in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil from the goats cheese and gently toss through. Add the mango, roasted pumpkin, about 5-6 pieces of goats cheese and half the pumpkin seeds. Toss to combine, then serve scattered with the remaining pumpkin seeds.
Adam Liaw cooks, laughs, and explores culture with some of Australia's most beloved in The Cook Up With Adam Liaw.
Photography by Adam Liaw.